Follow these steps to prepare the artworks import file in the Artworks section of your Artshell account using Excel:
- Download here the excel with pre-filled column labels for importing artworks.
- Once you have downloaded the file you can proceed to fill it out. Please note that each column in the pre-filled file corresponds to a field in the artworks tab in your Artshell Artworks section.
- In compiling the file you can arrange the columns in any order you wish, you can leave them unfilled or delete them. The system will import only those columns that are appropriately valued.
Caution: Do not change the column name in row 1 otherwise the system will fail to create a match between the Excel column and the Artshell field in your Artworks section.
- In the tags column you can enter multiple tags by separating them from each other with comma and space as shown in the example. It is not necessary to insert the # symbol before the tag.
- Save the file in XLSX format. Do not save the file in another format because the system cannot process it. Saving in XLSX format is usually accessible from the File menu of the spreadsheet program. Choose Save As. The wording may vary slightly depending on the program used.
With these steps completed, you are ready to import the Excel file into your Artshell account under Settings > Import artworks.
Once the artworks have been imported you can download an Excel file with the import report.
Please remember that it is not possible to import via excel fields such as First and Last Name of the artist, location of the artwork, image. Once you have imported the excel of artworks we recommend that you fill these fields and others manually within the Artworks section of Artshell.