In case you have a list of contacts with related information it is possible to import it directly on Artshell by following the instruction you find at Import contacts list from the Settings panel, accessible from the gear icon on the left bottom of the Artshell desktop.
By clicking on te Import contacts list a panel with the Browse button will pop up and through it you can upload your Excel file in .xlsx format filled in with your contacts information. All this information will be added in your Contacts section.
In the article How to fill out an Excell file to import a contacts list you can download our Excell template and you will find all the details to fill it out in the correct way.
Once you filled in and have saved your import file, go back to the Import contacts list of the Settings menu of Artshell and click on Browse to pick it and load it from your device onto Artshell.
The system will elaborate the file and it will present you a panel with a detailed report on the operation, and in particular: the number of the imported contacts, the number of duplicated contacts, the number of errors, and the number of contacts that have been merged. It is possible to download the report in Excel format for a better and more detailed analysis.
The massive import operation through Excel sheet is a process that you can pursue many times on Artshell to update you contacts list, but it is important to bear in mind that the system will use the email of the contact as “key”. In fact, should you desire to import a contact whose email address is already part of your contact list, the system will update that contact’s information and it will not create a new contact. More in detail:
- the key that allows the system to identify if a contact is already present in your contact list is the email address.
- Should the import file contain the email address that is already present in one of your Contact tab on Artshell, then the system will update that tab and in particular:
- it will fill in that contact tab filling in the void fields with the values present on the Excel sheet.
- It will add to the contact tab the tags present on the Excel sheet in correspondence with the contact with the key email address, if not already present in the contact tab.
- It will add email, telephone numbers, and addresses present on the Excel in correspondence of the contact with the key email, if not already present in the contact tab.
- In case a different field from the above mentioned one were already filled in with a value on the contact tab, then the system will not update it
We remind you that it is important that you have obtained the privacy consent to the management of your contacts list before making any upload in coherence with the GDPR Law.
Should you encounter any trouble uploading the contacts or should any error pop up, we kindly ask you to write us at email@example.com by providing us your information, the name of your account, the problem your are experiencing or the request for help. We ask you to be as detailed and specific as possible (you can also send us screenshots) with regards to the issue you are facing or the request for help, so to help our support department to be able to identify and solve the problem in the fastest way.