In case you have a list of contacts with related information it is possible to import it directly on Artshell by following the instruction you find at Import System from the Settings panel, accessible from the gear icon on the left bottom of the Artshell desktop.
By clicking on the Import system a panel where “How to import the contacts” will pop up and you can access the instruction on how to import a list of contacts from an Excel in .xlsx format.
In particular, the steps to import a list of contacts from an Excel sheet are the following:
- Download our Excel template that you find in the program guide by clicking on “How to import contacts” within the Import System section.
- Once you download the file you can start fill it in. We remind you that each column of the pre-compiled file corresponds to a field of the contact profile of your contact list on Artshell.
- When filling the file in you can manage the columns in whichever order you wish, you can leave them void or delete them. The system imports only those properly filled in. Attention: Do not change the header of the column in line 1 otherwise the system cannot create a correspondence between the Excel column and the Artshell field in your contact list.
- In the Tags column you can insert multiple tags divided by one another by a comma and space. It is not necessary to type the symbol # before the tag.
- You can add multiple email addresses, phone numbers, and addresses per contact. For each element added in such a way please insert a corresponding label with its relative description.
- In order for Artshell to correctly elaborate your file we ask you to save it using the standard .xlsx format. Should you be used to use another format we remind you that in order to change it to .xlsx you have to open the File menu of your Excel program, then pick the extension .xlsx when Saving As.
Once you filled in and have saved you import file, go back to the Import System of the Settings menu of Artshell and click on Browse on the bottom of the screen to pick it and load it from your device onto Artshell.
The system will elaborate the file and it will present you a panel with a detailed report on the operation, and in particular: the number of the imported contacts, the number of duplicated contacts, the number of errors, and the number of contacts that have been merged. It is possible to download the report in Excel format for a better and more detailed analysis.
The massive import operation through Excel sheet is a process that you can pursue many times on Artshell to update you contacts list, but it is important to bear in mind that the system will use the email of the contact as “key”. In fact, should you desire to import a contact whose email address is already part of your contact list, the system will update that contact’s information and it will not create a new contact. More in detail:
- the key that allows the system to identify if a contact is already present in your contact list is the email address.
- Should the import file contain the email address that is already present in one of your Contact tab on Artshell, then the system will update that tab and in particular:
- it will fill in that contact tab filling in the void fields with the values present on the Excel sheet.
- It will add to the contact tab the tags present on the Excel sheet in correspondence with the contact with the key email address, if not already present in the contact tab.
- It will add email, telephone numbers, and addresses present on the Excel in correspondence of the contact with the key email, if not already present in the contact tab.
- In case a different field from the above mentioned one were already filled in with a value on the contact tab, then the system will not update it
We remind you that it is important that you have obtained the privacy consent to the management of your contacts list before making any upload in coherence with the GDPR Law.
Should you encounter any trouble uploading the contacts or should any error pop up, we kindly ask you to write us at email@example.com by providing us your information, the name of your account, the problem your are experiencing or the request for help. We ask you to be as detailed and specific as possible (you can also send us screenshots) with regards to the issue you are facing or the request for help, so to help our support department to be able to identify and solve the problem in the fastest way.