The Details section of the artwork record is the area where you can upload details and features of the work, add information about how the work has been moved around in the past and the fluctuations of its price or evaluation.
In particular, the section Artwork Details is composed of the following fields or sections:
- status: drop down menu allowing you to choose between three different states for the work: available, reserved, or not available.
- ID: it is its inventory number, an alphanumeric field that allows you to use your own inventory criterion.
- Artist: this is the field in which you can choose to which artist you want to link the actual work. By clicking on the field Artist and by starting to typing its name or surname, the system will offer you a series of results among which to choose. Should the author of that work yet to be uploaded, you will be able to create from the record of the work the record of the artist, by clicking on the + button on the right hand side in the field artist.
- Title: this is the field where you can upload the Title of the artwork
- Year: this is the field where you can specify the Year of production of the artwork. Should it be required to indicate a time span, you can also do that by indicating ranges of dates or centuries or approximations (circa).
- Technique: this is the field where you can specify the medium or the material used for the artwork.
- Dimensions & Weight: this is the section, being a union of fields, that allows you to define the specs of dimensions and weight of the artwork. In particular, you can use the fields Height, Width, Depth, and diameter for the actual dimensions of the work while the field description to specify the dimensions of complex works such as installations, diptychs or triptychs, for which a single set of fields would not be sufficient.
- Edition: this is the field where you can specify the number of editions for the artwork.
- Signature: this is the field where you can specify the position, the presence and all the details related to the signature of the artwork
- Property: just like for the artist, this field allows you to link the record of the work to another record, in this case that of a contact who is the owner of the artwork. This field can be used for artwork which are temporarily managed by you at your Collection.
- Tag: the Tag field allows you to create labels useful to describe the works and group them; we will see the functioning of the Tag field in a following chapter of this manual.
- Price*: this is the section that allows you to describe the price of the work, specifying te currency, whether it is VAT included or excluded, and it gives you the chance of adding a description note.
- Acquisition*: this is the section that allows you to describe the value, the date of acquisition and the provenience of the artwork.
- Insurance*: this is the section that allows you to specify the details on the insurance of the artwork, the number of insurance document, and its insurance value.
- Evaluation*: this is the section that allows you to archive the expert evaluation on the artwork, by indicating the name of the person that has signed it and the date when it was compiled.
- Certified: the check box Certified allows you to specify whether the work comes with a certificate, who made it, and when it was issued.
- Location*: this is the section that allows you to specify where the artwork is displaced at the moment. As for the field Property and other fields related to the record of the work, this field too is linked to a contact, so to allow you to link it to someone with a related email address, and all the other details related to where the works is at a certain point.
- Conservation status: it is a drop down menu that allows you to indicate the conservation status of the artwork.
- Framing / Extra: this is the section where to specify the dimensions of the work with support or frame if any, when these may not be part of the artwork.
- Rights: this is the section where you can specify rights or restrictions to which the work may be subjected to, from copyrights to Ministry of Fine Arts bonds, to photographic rights.
- Packaging: this is the section where to specify the details on the packaging of the work, the dimensions of the crate, the number of parcels or other notes.
- Notes: this is the field where to insert some further notes on the artwork or about the record.
The fields highlighted with * can be used to pile up information from the history of the artwork, by adding new values to these fields without the need of editing or deleting the previous ones, with the result of being able to consult and trace back all the edits made through time. For a further clarification on the use of past information we invite our to read the chapter: Information history
For more information on how to fill in the fields, or to have further clarifications with regards on how to better structure the inventory of your collection, we invite your to reach out for our Concierge department at email@example.com.
Should you encounter any trouble filling in the fields or should any error pop up, we kindly ask you to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org by providing us your information, the name of your account, the problem your are experiencing or the request for help. We ask you to be as detailed and specific as possible (you can also send us screenshots) with regards to the issue you are facing or the request for help, so to help our support department to be able to identify and solve the problem in the fastest way.