By clicking on the symbol of the magnifying glass in the horizontal menu at the top center of the screen you open the research mode. The Research system of Artshell allows you to freely search any word present in the events tabs and in the related documents.
We remind you that to begin with the research it is necessary to press ENTER on your keyboard, after having typed the word or the sentence you wish to seek.
We remind you also that it is possible to open the search mode from the keyboard too by using cmd+K for Mac users and Windows symbol+K for Windows users.
In order to refine the search and make it quicker you find some operators in the Search mode; these are visible and they help you optimize the search and obtain the desired results in a faster way. To activate the operator you can click directly on the symbol, or write the symbol of the operator.
In particular, we find:
- the operator #: for a research via Tag, by activating the operator # it is possible to search just for Tags by choosing from the list of suggestions.
- the operator @: for a research of artists or contacts, by activating the operator @ it is possible to search directly by contact or artist by choosing from the list of suggestions
- the operator $: to look for your sharing within the network, by activating the operator $ it is possible to verify which events have been shared with a certain contact or user by picking from a list of suggestions
- the operator in:: to look for in a certain field of the detail tab of the event record, by activating the operator in: it is possible to look for events conditioning the research to a certain field
The operator empty: to look for in a certain field of the detail tab of the event’s sheet, by activating the operator empty: it is possible to look for a specific empty field, based on the suggested conditions.
The operator full: is the negative form of the operator empty:. To look for a specific field of the event’s details tab sheet, by activating the operator full: it is possible to look for a specific field that’s not empty, based on the suggested conditions.
Beside the research operators, the research system of Artshell provides you a syntax to group and detail your requests, and in particular:
- the symbol “” for an exact correspondence, if you write your query between quotes the system searches exactly what is written in the quotation
- the symbol .. to look for an interval, two consecutive dots allow you to seek per numeric interval in-between two integer numbers
- the symbol - to exclude a piece of query from the research. This operator is important for instance to look for all the events with a tag which do not have another tag
- the symbol OR we remind you that all the default researches on Artshell are to executed the operator AND; it is possible to use the symbol OR to pair your search with one or more values
- the brackets () allow you to create complex research and to use other symbols or operators to better refine your query.
We remind you that at the moment it is not possible to make cross sectional searches, so the research mode will allow you to seek only within a section at a time.
Should you encounter any trouble using the research syntax or should any error pop up, we kindly ask you to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org by providing us your information, the name of your account, the problem your are experiencing or the request for help. We ask you to be as detailed and specific as possible (you can also send us screenshots) with regards to the issue you are facing or the request for help, so to help our support department to be able to identify and solve the problem in the fastest way.