The via Link Sharing mode allows you to share selected artworks within an open link, namely a link that is public and visible to whomever has the URL of the link.
Once the works you wish to share are selected, by clicking on the Export symbol and by choosing the Link mode from the export panel, the system will allow you to set the details, the images, and the documents of the works you wish to share by choosing multiple fields; in particular:
- Save as: in this field you can name your file before exporting it. We remind you that this is a mandatory field.
- Details: if selected, it allows you to export the caption of the work: Artist, Title, Year, Medium, Dimensions, Edition, and Signature. We suggest you to keep this field selected.
- Price: if selected, it allows you to export the price of the selected works. In particular, the system will retrieve and show the price and the currency present in the different tabs of the chosen artworks. In case you wanted to, it is possible to customize each price for the selected artworks by clicking on the Pencil icon in correspondence to the price you wish to edit and save the change to make it definitive. Note: in order to remove the selection of the price field it is sufficient to use the switch at the bottom right side of the price management panel, next to the tag show prices.
- External dimensions / Place / Artwork ID: if selected, each of these fields allows you to export from within the artwork tab the details related to external dimensions, the place where the artwork is located, or the artworks ID, for every selected work.
- Media: if selected, it allows you to export the media for the selected works. In particular, once the field is selected the system will present you with a section where you can see and manage the media: images and videos you wish to share or export for each of the selected artworks. We remind you that in order to optimize the selection process of the media to export or share the system will pre-select the images and the videos with open lock. Note: in order to remove the selection of the Media field it is sufficient to use the switch at the bottom right of the media management panel, next to the show other media tag. By de-selecting and closing the switch you will see the Media field de-selected.
- Documents: if selected, it allows you to export the documents of the selected artworks. In particular, once the field is selected the system will present you with a section where you can see and manage all the documents for the selected artworks that you wish to share or export. We remind you that to optimize the selection process of the documents to export or share the system will pre-select the documents with open lock. Note: in order to remove the selection of the Document field it is sufficient to use the switch at the bottom right of the document management panel, next to the show documents tag. By de-selecting and closing the switch you will see the Media field de-selected.
- More Options: by clicking on the white arrow on the right, the system will give you a section in which you can see and manage the Details (Artist, Title, Year, Medium, Dimension, Editions and Signature). Artwork ID / Status / Property / Certification / Acquisition / Insurance / Evaluation / Location / Framing-Extra / Conservation Status / Packaging / Quantity / Medium / Rights / Collection / Notes: if selected, any of these fields allows you to export within the artwork tab the relative details for the selected works.
- Language: this switch allows you to choose in which language you wish to export the tabs for the selected artworks. We suggest you to choose the language in which the contents were created.
- Show Logo: if enabled, it allows you to include the logo of your account in the header of the email, and vice versa if not enabled your logo will not be shown.
- Show cover image: should you desire to export a Link with just details and no images for the selected artworks, by disabling this switch it is possible to export the Link with no cover images for the artworks.
- View on Wall mode: If enabled, this mode allows you to share the View on Wall mode for the chosen artworks and for those ones it is set (see how to set the View on Wall mode).
By clicking on Continue the system will provide you with a recap about the number of selected works that you wish to share via Link. You can add a description and some media within your link and in particular it is possible to use the editor functions of Artshell to edit the text and add media or attachments.
To format the text within the link it is sufficient to select the portion you wish to edit, and a black “balloon” will pop up and there you see some of the functionalities available to edit it:
- Color: the first symbol on the left allows to set a color for the highlighted text. You can choose a color using the window and by navigating through the colors or otherwise by typing the HEX code (#000000, black)
- Bold: the second symbol allows you to set in bold the highlighted portion of text
- Italic: the third one allows you to set in italic the highlighted portion of text
- Font style: the fourth symbol allows you to set a font from the list of the available ones, set the dimension, and the line spacing
- Justification of text: the fifth symbol allows you to set the justification of the highlighted text, centered, aligned to the right, to the left, or justified. This button allows you to indent the text if necessary
- Link: the sixth and last symbol allows you to add a link to the portion of text highlighted. To add a link it is necessary to type or paste a link in the dedicated field, which will appear by clicking on the icon and then press Enter on your keyboard. At this point three new symbols will pop up on the left hand side of the link: the first one on the left is to remove the link, the second one to edit it, and the third one allows you to verify it, meaning that a window of your browser will pop up with that link.
Media: it is possible to insert media as pictures, videos or files, as attachments to your Link. You can decide to insert them among the text, to the end or at the beginning of the Link. To add media within your document you can use the toolbar that appears at the bottom.
Note: should the toolbar disappear from the bottom, it is sufficient to click on the outside of the area of the document.
The toolbar in the documents is composed of 3 buttons and in particular from left to right:
- Break line: it allows you to add a line to divide your document. After having added this line which is black by default by clicking on it you can change its color by using the color picker or by typing the HEX color code.
- Media library: the second button allows you to open the Media library and to add images, videos, or files. From the media library you can add a picture or a video or a file, by clicking on the element and then on the add button on the top left hand side. Alternatively, you can decide to add a selection of elements by clicking on the button Select on the left of the button + to the top right hand side of the screen. After having selected the elements you can add them by clicking on the black add button, at the top left side.
- Slideshow: the third and last button allows you to add a slideshow to your Link. From the media library you can select up to 20 images for you slideshow. By clicking on the counter on the green bar, the system will show you the image in the order you chose. If you keep pressed on a picture, you will be able to move it in the position you prefer and then sort the pictures within the slideshow.
In the header of the sidebar you find some buttons for the preview and to generate the link; they allow you to finalize the Link generation flow, and in particular:
- Link generation: on the top right corner you find a symbol to generate the Link. By clicking on that a new panel will appear, and there you can: copy the generated link by clicking on it, or open it directly in a new panel of your browser using the button on the right of the link.
We remind you that the link is a way of publicly sharing content and so the material will be visible to whomever should get access to the generated link.
Should you encounter any difficulty, or should any error pop up, we kindly ask you to reach us at email@example.com, by specifying your information and the name of your account. We also ask you to provide as many details as possible (also through the use of screenshots) about the encountered problem or about the request for help, so to help our support department identifying and solving the matter the as fast as possible.