Sharing via Email allows you to share selected artworks via email and in particular:
- by using your sender address (see Settings)
- sending the email to multiple tag recipients or contact lists
- tracking the actual reception, reading and opening by your recipients
Once the works you wish to share are selected, by clicking on the Export symbol and by choosing the Email mode from the export panel, the system allows you to set the details, the images, and the documents of the chosen works to be shared by selecting multiple fields; in particular:
- Details: if selected, it allows you to export the caption of the work: artist, title, year, medium, dimensions, edition, and signature. We suggest you to keep this field selected.
- Price: if selected, it allows you to export the price of the selected works. In particular, the system will retrieve and show the price and the currency present in the different tabs of the chosen artworks. In case you wanted to, it is possible to customize each price for the selected artworks by clicking on the pencil icon in correspondence to the price you wish to edit and save the change to make it definitive.
Note: in order to remove the selection of the price field it is sufficient to use the switch at the bottom right side of the price management panel, next to the tag Show prices. By deselecting and closing the switch you will see the Price field deselected.
- External dimensions / Insurance / Place: if selected, each of these fields allows you to export from within the artwork tab the details related to external dimensions, information on the insurance, and the place where the artwork is located, for every selected work.
- Media: if selected, it allows you to export the Media for the selected works. In particular, once the field is selected the system will present you with a section where you can see and manage the media: images and videos you wish to share or export for each of the selected artworks. We remind you that in order to optimize the selection process of the media to export or share the system will pre-select the images and the videos with open lock.
Note: in order to remove the selection of the Media field it is sufficient to use the switch at the bottom right of the media management panel, next to the Show other media tag. By deselecting and closing the switch you will see the Media field deselected.
- Documents: if selected, it allows you to export the Documents of the selected artworks. In particular, once the field is selected the system will present you with a section where you can see and manage all the documents for the selected artworks that you wish to share or export. We remind you that to optimize the selection process of the documents to export or share the system will pre-select the documents with open lock.
Note: in order to remove the selection of the Document field it is sufficient to use the switch at the bottom right of the document management panel, next to the Show documents tag. By deselecting and closing the switch, you will see the Documents field deselected.
Once the details and the images of the artworks you wish to share are set, by clicking on Continue it is possible to set the last details of the sharing flow, and in particular:
- Show Logo: if enabled, it allows you to include the logo of your account in the header of the email, and vice versa if not enabled your logo will not be shown.
- View on Wall mode: If enabled, this feature allows you to share the View on Wall mode for the chosen artworks and for those ones it is set (see how to set the View on Wall mode).
- Footer: it allows you to choose one of the addresses of your account, set within the section Offices of the settings panel.
- Language: this switch allows you to choose in which language you wish to export the tabs for the selected artworks. We suggest you to choose the language in which the contents were created.
Once you have again clicked on Continue the system will show you a recap of the selected artworks and that you wish to share via email, by giving you the chance to choose:
1) Sender address: among those ones set within the Email Settings of your Settings Panel
2) Recipients: just like for a usual email you can choose the recipients of your email or newsletter in correspondence with To:. By clicking in correspondence with the tag To: a drop down menu will show and from there you can choose:
- All contacts: marked on a green chip, All contacts allows you to send your email to all the contacts of your contact list.
- Tag: you can choose one or more Tags as mail recipients. We remind you that the recipients Tags work according to the logic OR and not AND, meaning that if you add two Tags the system will send the message to the contacts with either the first or second Tag, and not to those with both the former and the latter. Should you need to send an email to Tags in AND mode, we suggest you to create a List (see below).
- Lists: the option of selecting one or more contact Lists (Contact List management)
- Contact: the possibility to select one or more specific contacts; the system, by selecting a contact, will allow you to choose among the different emails.
We remind you that should you create a tab of a new contact when sending a new email, you can click on the + button on the right of the To: field.
We also remind you that when selecting one or more Tags or a list of contacts as recipients, the system will send your email or newsletter to all the contacts with that certain TAG or pertaining that very list, and in particular:
- the email will be sent once per email address so if your contact is associated to multiple tags or lists used as recipient lists, it will not receive the email multiple times.
- the email will be sent to all the active emails of the contact, namely those ones with the BLACK airplane in correspondence with the email (see Contacts section).
3) Object and brief description: beside defining the object of the email it is possible to add a brief description introducing the artworks selection; it is possible to use the editing mode of Artshell to edit the text and add media or attachments.
In order to edit the text within the email it is sufficient to select the portion you wish to edit, and a black “balloon” will pop up, and there you see the different functionalities to format the text:
- Color: the first symbol on the left allows to set a color for the highlighted text. You can choose a color using the window and by navigating through the colors, or otherwise by typing the HEX code (#000000, black).
- Bold: the second symbol allows you to set in bold the highlighted portion of text.
- Italic: the third one allows you to set in italic the highlighted portion of text.
- Font style: the fourth symbol allows you to set a font from the list of the available ones, set the dimension, and the line spacing.
- Justification of text: the fifth symbol allows you to set the justification of the highlighted text, centered, aligned to the right, to the left, or justified. This button allows you to indent the text if necessary.
- Link: the sixth and last symbol allows you to add a link to the portion of text highlighted. To add a link it is necessary to type or paste a link in the dedicated field, which will appear by clicking on the icon and then press ENTER on your keyboard. At this point three new symbols will pop up on the left hand side of the link: the first one on the left is to be used to remove the link, the second one to edit it, and the third one allows you to verify it, meaning that a window of your browser will pop up with that link.
4) Media: it is possible to insert media as pictures, videos or files, as attachments to your email. You can decide to insert them among the text, to the end or at the beginning of the email. To add media within your email you can use the toolbar that appears at the bottom.
Note: Should the toolbar disappear from the bottom, it is sufficient to click on the outside of the area of the email.
The toolbar in the emails is composed of 3 buttons and in particular from left to right:
- Break line: it allows you to add a line to divide your emails. After having added this line which is black by default by clicking on it you can change its color by using the color picker or by typing the HEX color code.
- Media library: the second button allows you to open the Media library and to add images, videos, or files. From the Media library you can add a picture or a video or a file, by clicking on the element and then on the add button on the top left hand side. Alternatively, you can decide to add a selection of elements by clicking on the button Select on the left of the button + to the top right hand side of the screen. After having selected the elements you can add them by clicking on the black Add button, at the top left side.
- Slideshow: the third and last button allows you to add a slideshow to your email. From the Media library you can select up to 20 images for you slideshow. By clicking on the counter on the green bar, the system will show you the image in the order you to chose. If you keep pressed on a picture, you will be able to move it in the position you prefer and then sort the pictures within the slideshow.
Lastly, by clicking on the airplane symbol on the top right of the screen you will send the email.
We remind you that sent emails are always visible in the @ section.
Should you encounter any trouble in sharing via email a selection of artworks, or should any error pop up, we kindly ask you to reach us at email@example.com, by specifying your information and the name of your account. We also ask you to provide as many details as possible (also through the use of screenshots) about the encountered problem or about the request for help, so to help our support department identifying and solving the matter the as fast as possible.