The sending system of the Emails of Artshell can manage automatically the states of unsubscribed and bounced for the addresses of you contacts, and in detail:
Unsubscribed are those addresses for which the users have chosen to cancel their subscription to your mailing list through the “unsubscribe” link, place in the footnotes of every email sent via Artshell. Should a user have decided to delete its subscription to your mailing list and it has clicked on the unsubscribe link in your emails, then:
- The address of the user will appear in the contacts section as unsubscribed and in particular it will be represented by the icon of an orange airplane (see Contacts section).
- The system will automatically stop sending newsletters to addresses marked as unsubscribed.
- It is possible to look for those contacts who have unsubscribed from your mailing list by relying on the search syntax in the Contacts section, and in particular by clicking on the magnifying glass at the top of the screen and by choosing the operator is: and then the condition unsubscribe.
Bounced are those addresses defined as “blocked” for which the email address’ syntax is correct, but it is blocked by the server of incoming emails. The email addresses defined as bounced are generally no longer active addresses, or otherwise those which have reached the maximum capacity and cannot longer receive any email, or those ones for which an error is traceable, but this is not a syntax error (e.g.: email@example.com).
For this peculiar addresses:
- the address of the user will appear in the Contacts section with state bounced and in particular it will be highlighted with the icon of a red airplane (see Contacts section).
- The system will automatically no longer send any newsletter or email to the email addresses marked as bounced.
- by clicking on the icon of the red airplane, it is possible to make the email active again. We suggest you to make this operation after having contacted the user and having received confirmation about the correctness of the address. Sending emails to addresses marked as bounced increases the likelihood of being redirected to SPAM.
- It is possible to look for those contacts that have one of their addresses marked as bounced by using the search syntax within the Contacts section, and in particular by clicking on the magnifying glass on top of the screen and by choosing the operator is:, and bounced as condition.