Sharing via email allows you to share selected events via email and in particular:
- Using your sender address (see email settings)
- Sending an email to multiple recipients, Tags, or Lists.
- Tracking confirmation of reception, if the message has been read, and the number of clicks of your recipients.
Once the events you wish to share have been selected, by clicking on the export symbol and by selecting the Email mode from the export panel, the system will allow you to set details, images, and documents for the selected events that you wish to share by choosing among multiple fields, and in particular:
- Details: if selected, it allows you to export the details of the event: Title, Subtitle. We then suggest you to always keep this field selected.
- Place: if selected, it allows you to export the place where the event is going to take place.
- Curator: if selected, it allows you to export the name of the curator of the event.
- Dates: if selected, it allows you to choose which dates, periods, and RSVP and PASSBOOK (if any) you wish to export for the selection of events (see Periods / RSVP and Passbook section).
Note: to remove the selection of the Dates field it is sufficient to use the switch on the bottom right “show dates” from the media management panel. By deselecting the switch, when you close the panel you will see the Dates field deselected.
- Link: if selected, it allows you to export all the links within the event you find in the Details section.
- Media: if selected, it allows you to export the Media of the event you have selected. In particular, once the field is selected the system will present you with a section where you can see and manage the media: images and videos you wish to share or export for each of the selected events. We remind you that in order to optimize the media selection process that you are willing to export or share the system will pre-select the images and videos with open lock present in the event tab.
Note: to remove the selection of the Media field it is sufficient to use the switch on the bottom right “show other media” from the media management panel. By deselecting the switch, when you close the panel you will see the Media field deselected.
- Documents: if selected, it allows you to export the Documents of the selected events. In particular, once the field has been selected, the system will present you with a section where you can see and manage all the documents related to the events you have selected that you wish to share or export. We remind you that in order to optimize the selection process of the documents to export or share the system will pre-select the documents that come with an open lock within the Event tab.
Note: to remove the selection of the Document field it is sufficient to use the switch on the bottom right “show documents” from the documents management panel. By deselecting the switch, when you close the panel you will see the Documents field deselected.
- Artworks: if selected, it allows you to export the details of the works that you have added to the section Artworks of the event. In particular in this phase you can choose which information about the works to export. We remind you that for Media and Documents the system will export only the elements highlighted by an open lock, but it will not be possible to select the single element unlike what is feasible when exporting the artworks.
Note: to remove the selection of the Artworks field it is sufficient to use the switch on the bottom right “Share” from the documents management panel. By deselecting the switch, when you close the panel you will see the Artworks field deselected.
- File: if selected, it allows you to export the file (File section) for the selection of events. In particular, once the field has been selected the system will present you with a panel from which you can see and manage the files you wish to share or export for each of the events you have selected. We remind you that in order to optimize the selection process of the file to export or share the system will pre-select the files marked with an open lock that can be found in the Event tab.
Note: to remove the selection of the File field it is sufficient to use the switch on the bottom right “show other files”. By deselecting the switch, when you close the panel you will see the Files field deselected.
Once the details of the images and documents of the events you wish to share have been configured, by clicking on Continue it is possible to set the last details of the sharing flow, and in particular:
- Show logo: if enabled, it is possible to include the logo of your account at the top of the email, and vice versa if not.
- View on Wall mode: if enabled, this mode allows you to share the View on the Wall mode for the selected works and for those ones for which it is set (see how to set View on Wall mode).
- Show cover photo: Should you desire to export an email made of only details and without cover images for the selected events, you may disable this switch.
- Footer: it allows you to choose one of the addresses of your account set within the Offices section of the setting panels.
- Language: this last switch allows you to choose in which language you may prefer to export the tabs of the events you have selected. We suggest you to choose the language in which you originally uploaded content.
By again clicking on CONTINUE, the system will show you a recap of the selected events that you wish to share via email, and you will have the chance to choose:
- Sender address: among those set within the email settings within the Email Settings panel.
- Recipients: just as for a usual email you can choose the recipients of your email or newsletter at TO:. By clicking on the label TO:, a drop down menu will appear and you will be able to choose:
- All the contacts: marked on a green chip, all the contacts allows you to send your email to all the contacts of your contact list.
- Tags: the chance of selecting one or more tags as recipient of the email. We remind you that Tags as recipients work according to OR and not AND, so if you add two tags the system will send your communication to the contacts that have either the first or the second tag, and not to those who have them both. Should you need to send tags in AND mode we suggest you to make a list.
- Lists: the chance of selecting one or more lists (contact lists management)
- Contact: the possibility to select one or more specific contacts, and in particular the system, by selecting a contact, will allow you to choose different emails.
We remind you that should you create a tab for a new contact while sending an email you can use the + button on black background on the right side of the field To:
We remind you also that when you select one or more Tags o some Lists as recipients of your email, the system will send your email or newsletter to all the contacts with that certain TAG or belonging to the List, and in particular:
- The email will only be sent once per email address, so if your contact can be traced in more than one recipient tag or list, it will not receive the email more than once;
- The email will be sent to all the active emails of the contact, namely all the emails next to which you see a BLACK airplane (see Contacts section).
- Object and brief description: beside the object of the email it is possible to add a brief description introducing the selection of events, and it is possible to use the Artshell editor to format the text and add media or attachments. To format the text within the email is sufficient to select the part you wish to format, and a black “balloon” will appear; from there you can choose among different features:
Color: the first symbol on the left allows you to set a color for the highlighted text. You can choose a color using the window and by navigating through the colors or otherwise by typing the HEX code (#000000, black)
Bold: the second symbol allows you to set in bold the highlighted portion of text
Italic: the third one allows you to set in italic the highlighted portion of text
Font style: the fourth symbol allows you to set a font from the list of the available ones, set the dimension, and the line spacing
Justification of text: the fifth symbol allows you to set the justification of the highlighted text, centered, aligned to the right or to the left, or justified. This button allows you to indent the text if necessary
Link: the sixth and last symbol allow you to add a link to the portion of text highlighted. To add a link it is necessary to type or paste a link in the dedicated field, which will appear by clicking on the icon and then press ENTER on your keyboard. At this point three new symbols will pop up on the left hand side of the link: the first one on the left is to remove the link, the second one to edit it, and the third one allows you to verify it, meaning that a window of your browser will pop up with that link.
- Media: it is possible to insert media as pictures, videos or files, attached to your document. You can decide to insert them among the different parts of a text, to the end or at the beginning of the document. To add media within your document you can use the toolbar that appears at the bottom.
Note: Should the toolbar disappear from the bottom, it is sufficient to click on the outside of the area of the document.
The toolbar in the documents is composed of 3 buttons and in particular from left to right:
Break line: it allows you to add a line to divide your document. After having added this line which is black by default by clicking on it you can change its color by using the color picker or by typing the HEX color code.
Media library: the second button allows you to open the Media library and add images, videos, or files. From the media library you can add a picture or a video or a file, by clicking on the element and then on the Add button on the top left hand side. Alternatively, you can decide to add a selection of elements by clicking on the button Select on the left of the button + at the top right hand side of the screen. After having selected the elements you can add them by clicking on the back Add button, at the top left side.
Slideshow: the third and last button allows you to add a slideshow to your document. From the media library you can select up to 20 images for you slideshow. By clicking on the counter on the green bar, the system will show you the image in the order you chose. If you keep pressed on a picture, you will be able to move it in the position you prefer and then sort the pictures within the slideshow.
Lastly, by clicking on the airplane symbol on the top right of the screen you will send the email. We remind you that the emails sent can be found in the @ section.
Should you encounter any trouble sharing a selection of events via email, or should any error pop up, we kindly ask you to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org by providing us your information, the name of your account, the problem your are experiencing or the request for help. We ask you to be as detailed and specific as possible (you can also send us screenshots) with regards to the issue you are facing or the request for help, so to help our support department to be able to identify and solve the problem in the fastest way.