The via Link sharing mode allows you to share selected events through a public link, namely one that can be visited by whomever disposes of the URL.
Once the events you wish to share are selected, by clicking on the Export symbol and by selecting the Link mode from the export panel, the system will allow you to set details, images, and documents of the selected events that you wish to share from different fields.
- Details: If selected, it allows you to export the caption of the event. We then suggest you to always keep this field selected.
- Place: if selected, it allows you to export the place where the event is going to be held.
- Curator: if selected, it allows you to export the name of the Curator of the event.
- Dates: if selected, it allows you to choose which dates, periods, and RSVP and PASSBOOK (if any) that you wish to export for the selection of events (see Periods / RSVP and Passbook section).
Note: to remove the selection of the Dates field it is sufficient to use the switch on the bottom right “show dates” from the media management panel. By deselecting the switch, when you close the panel you will see the Dates field deselected.
- Link: if selected, it allows you to export all the links within the event you find in the Details section.
- Media: if selected, it allows you to export the Media of the event you have selected. In particular, once the field is selected the system will present you with a section where you can see and manage the media: images and videos you wish to share or export for each of the selected events. We remind you that in order to optimize the media selection process that you are willing to export or share the system will pre-select the images and videos with open lock present in the event tab.
Note: to remove the selection of the Media field it is sufficient to use the switch on the bottom right “show other media” from the media management panel. By deselecting the switch, when you close the panel you will see the Media field deselected.
- Documents: if selected, it allows you to export the Documents of the selected events. In particular, once the field has been selected, the system will present you with a section where you can see and manage all the documents related to the events you have selected that you wish to share or export. We remind you that in order to optimize the selection process of the documents to export or share the system will pre-select the documents that come with an open lock within the Event tab.
Note: to remove the selection of the Document field it is sufficient to use the switch on the bottom right “show documents” from the documents management panel. By deselecting the switch, when you close the panel you will see the Documents field deselected.
- Artworks: if selected, it allows you to export the details of the works that you have added to the section Artworks of the event. In particular in this phase you can choose which information about the works to export. We remind you that for Media and Documents the system will export only the elements highlighted by an open lock, but it will not be possible to select the single element unlike what is feasible when exporting the artworks.
Note: to remove the selection of the Artworks field it is sufficient to use the switch on the bottom right “Share artworks” from the artworks management panel. By deselecting the switch, when you close the panel you will see the Artworks field deselected.
- File: if selected, it allows you to export the File (File section) for the selection of events. In particular, once the field has been selected the system will present you with a panel from which you can see and manage the files you wish to share or export for each of the events you have selected. We remind you that in order to optimize the selection process of the file to export or share the system will pre-select the files marked with an open lock that can be found in the Event tab.
Note: to remove the selection of the File field it is sufficient to use the switch on the bottom right “show other files”. By deselecting the switch, when you close the panel you will see the Files field deselected.
Once the details, the images and the documents of the events you wish to put in the link have been configured, by clicking on Continue it is possible to set the last details of the sharing flow, and in particular:
- Show logo: if enabled, it is possible to include the logo of your account at the top of the link, and vice versa if not.
- View on Wall mode: if enabled, this mode allows you to view in the first part of the generated link a simulation of a wall with the works for which the View on the Wall mode is set.
- Show cover photo: Should you desire to export a link made of only details and without cover images for the selected events, you may disable this switch.
- Footer: it allows you to choose one of the addresses of your account set within the Offices section of the setting panels.
- Language: this last switch allows you to choose in which language you may prefer to export the tabs of the events you have selected. We suggest you to choose the language in which you originally uploaded content.
By again clicking on Continue, the system will show you a recap of the selected events that you wish to share via link. At the top and at the bottom of your link you can add a description and some media, and in particular it is possible to use the Artshell Editor to format the text and add media or attachments.
To format the text within the email it is sufficient to select the part you wish to format, and a black “balloon” will appear; from there you can choose among different features:
- Color: the first symbol on the left allows to set a color for the highlighted text. You can choose a color using the window and by navigating through the colors or otherwise by typing the HEX code (#000000, black)
- Bold: the second symbol allows you to set in bold the highlighted portion of text
- Italic: the third one allows you to set in italic the highlighted portion of text
- Font style: the fourth symbol allows you to set a font from the list of the available ones, set the dimension, and the line spacing
- Justification of text: the fifth symbol allows you to set the justification of the highlighted text, centered, aligned to the right or to the left, or justified. This button allows you to indent the text if necessary
- Link: the sixth and last symbol allow you to add a link to the portion of text highlighted. To add a link it is necessary to type or paste a link in the dedicated field, which will appear by clicking on the icon and then press ENTER on your keyboard. At this point three new symbols will pop up on the left hand side of the link: the first one on the left is to remove the link, the second one to edit it, and the third one allows you to verify it, meaning that a window of your browser will pop up with that link.
Media: it is possible to insert media as pictures, videos or files, attached to your document. You can decide to insert them among the different parts of a text, to the end or at the beginning of the document. To add media within your document you can use the toolbar that appears at the bottom.
Note: Should the toolbar disappear from the bottom, it is sufficient to click on the outside of the area of the document.
The toolbar in the documents is composed of 3 buttons and in particular from left to right:
- Break line: it allows you to add a line to divide your document. After having added this line which is black by default by clicking on it you can change its color by using the color picker or by typing the HEX color code.
- Media library: the second button allows you to open the Media library and add images, videos, or files. From the media library you can add a picture or a video or a file, by clicking on the element and then on the Add button on the top left hand side. Alternatively, you can decide to add a selection of elements by clicking on the button Select on the left of the button + at the top right hand side of the screen. After having selected the elements you can add them by clicking on the "black" Add button, at the top left side.
- Slideshow: the third and last button allows you to add a slideshow to your document. From the media library you can select up to 20 images for you slideshow. By clicking on the counter on the green bar, the system will show you the image in the order you chose. If you keep pressed on a picture, you will be able to move it in the position you prefer and then sort the pictures within the slideshow.
At the top of the sidebar you have buttons for the preview and to generate links that allow you to finalize the link generation flow, and in particular:
- Preview: It allows you to open a preview of how your link will be generated within a new tab of your browser. We remind you NOT to share the URL in preview mode.
- Link generation: at the top right corner of the page you find the button to export and generate the LINK. By clicking on it a new panel will open, and from there you can: copy the generated link by clicking on it, or otherwise open it within a new tab of your browser by using the button on the right of the link.
Note: We remind you that the link is a way of publicly sharing and then the content all be visible to whomever has access to the generated link.
Should you encounter any trouble sharing via link a selection of events, or should any error pop up, we kindly ask you to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org by providing us your information, the name of your account, the problem your are experiencing or the request for help. We ask you to be as detailed and specific as possible (you can also send us screenshots) with regards to the issue you are facing or the request for help, so to help our support department to be able to identify and solve the problem in the fastest way.